Friday, October 9, 2009

Look at me...

Disclaimer: I am NOT against Facebook or it's authors, I am just sharing my experience on some of the crazy things that people do using Facebook.

Recently, I have received quite a few invites from friends and families to join Facebook. This is the only thing that I am still hesitant to take a plunge. I could be wrong, but most of the Facebook that I am reading are aimed mostly at one thing, pictures and self proclaimed message "I am cute/cool" or "I did this". For the most part, the daily Facebook updates are almost always aimed at sending the same message mentioned above over and over again.

I guess for starters, you should be an ardent fan of talking about yourself and more importantly very interested in others knowing about you. Have you seen நம்ம வீட்டு கல்யாணம் in Vijay TV, where TV stars were so thrilled and all enthusiastic to talk about their marriage in front of the camera? One should have a lots of eagerness and high optimism on viewers to show that kind of enthusiasm. Most of the Facebook entries fall in this category, "My trip to Niagara", "Lovely London" types.

My wife, though doesn't post any in Facebook, is a big fan of logging in every now and then to check out on her friends who live in other continents. One of the entry that she shared with me was from her friend who wrote "My cute little son is so sick today and I don't feel like doing anything" with a picture of sick child. I mean, how artificial that is? First of all, the person had the time to take a picture of her sick baby, spend time online to post the message etc. She probably have not heard காக்கைக்கு தன் குஞ்சு பொன் குஞ்சு.

The other entry that I read recently was how my friend was so busy with his project that he couldn't take a break for a week. Apparently he had the time to update his Facebook with a looong post. The immediate feeling you get is "Dhoda!"

To be honest, all of us like spotlight, virtual வம்பு through Facebook, vent outs through blog etc, but posting pictures everyday and Facebook தற்பெருமை will get people bored after a while.

1 comments:

(Mis)Chief Editor said...

Very true!
and bold too!

 

© 2010Dhoda! | by Shankar