Tuesday, April 29, 2008

தசாவதாரம் - Music Review

I always feel some kinda alienness in music when I hear tamil music composed by a predominantly Hindi music director. Bappi Lahari, Laxmikanth-Pyarelal, R D Burman had composed music for a few tamil movies before and they have been reasonable hits at that time. Himesh Reshammiya's music for தசாவதாரம் is not too bad an attempt.


Vaali and Vairamuthu's lyrics are effective and there is a new singer Vinith (at least I have not heard of this guy) who had sung உலக நாயகனே, probably the intro song for one of the Kamal. Vinith's voice sound really fresh but the song is average. Hariharan has tried something new with his vocal in கல்லை மட்டும் and it is very impressive. கருப்பனுக்கும் is a mediocre disco style number rendered by Shalini Singh.

As always, Kamal himself had sung 2 songs in the movie. I was almost surprised to see Kamal's name in the song முகுந்தா முகுந்தா because I heard only Sadhana Sargam's beautiful voice till almost the end of the song. I almost felt, like பத்து வேஷம், Kamal changed his voice and sang like Sadhana. Kamal was his usual self in the other song Oh Ho Sanam and this is one of the better song of the movie.

Not sure who decided on selecting the music director for such a high profile movie, I am afraid the album is not so ecstatic.




3 STARS

0 comments:

 

© 2010Dhoda! | by Shankar