Thursday, June 14, 2007

Sivaji - The Boss (Preface)

I have a friend's friend Krishna Swamy in Los Angeles(http://www.tamilcinemainla.com/) who is a close friend of Director Shankar. Krishna Swamy releases all Shankar movies in Los Angeles area (He still has the original reel box ofANNIYAN). The buzz was going around for a while as to when we'll have the "potti" for Sivaji and when it will be released in North America. I heard that there are 40 copies of the movie were sent to USA this week of which 10 were sent to Los Angeles and 10 to New York. Usually the movies are released on the sameday when it gets released in India. Swamy took extra effort in making it really big this time and went one step ahead and is releasing it today (6/14/2007) and the first show is at 9 PM. I have secured two tickets for this special preview show and have them in front of me as I type this. The rumour has it that Director Shankar will be here tomorrow for 9 PM show and Swamy has made "special" arrangements exclusively for that show.(I am planning to sneak in for that show as well, wife permitting)
I am reading stories that movie is already in all cinema hallsin India for the next 3-4 weeks at least. It amazes me reading all the attention that this movie is getting. I will post my spanking new movie review tomorrow morning.

0 comments:

 

© 2010Dhoda! | by Shankar