Monday, September 7, 2009

Congrats Prakash Raj!!

Congratulations to Prakash Raj on winning national award for his stunning performance in the movie Kanchivaram. I saw this movie recently in Star Vijay and I thought the movie was made brilliantly. Sabu Cyril's artwork and Thiru's camerawork needs a special mention and great job by the entire crew. The film truly deserves the awards and recognition it is getting. IMHO, Prakash Raj is one of the most talented and versatile artist in the last decade or so, yet he is not getting the full recognition and appreciation that he deserves. Anyways, congratulations and good luck to him.

There is also another award for Best Special Effects for the movie Sivaji - The Boss. I wrote about director Shankar and how he is able to bring something special on to his movies couple of weeks back and I had a serious follow up chat with my brother who felt I am too biased towards Shankar. I wanted to point out that Oru Koodai Sunlight probably is one of the main reason for this Best Special Effects national award. In a movie that was made for pure fun, the amount of work that went in to this 41/2 minute song goes on to show the effort and commitment that goes in to each and every frame in his movies. I am in fact planning on writing another post on silly scenes and most obvious logical errors (I know there are plenty and I can only mention a few) in Tamil movies soon and that should hopefully create some new found respect for directors like Shankar.

In a world where we have an award/ceremony for every single satellite channel or cine magazine, national awards still remains the most prestigious and meaningful award, so congratulations to every single artist who is getting this national recognition.

1 comments:

(Mis)Chief Editor said...

No 'Khan' can be 'King' Khan!
Only Prakash 'Raj(a)'!

Very nice one!

 

© 2010Dhoda! | by Shankar